The Päkela Awards honor credit union professionals and volunteers for their commitment to continuing education. Individuals qualify for the Päkela Award by attending 25 educational credit hours of League workshops, schools, seminars, and conferences beginning July 1 each year and ending June 30 the following year. It also recognizes individuals who receive certification and/or designation in the following CUNA programs during the same period:
- Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Specialist
- Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor
- Certified Credit Union Internal Auditor
- Certified Credit Union Volunteer
- Credit Union Business Lending Professional
- Certified Credit Union Investment Professional
- Credit Union Compliance Expert
- Credit Union Certified Marketing Executive
- Credit Union Enterprise Risk Management Expert
- Credit Union Security & Fraud Expert
- Western CUNA Management School (graduated)
Your League is one of the acceptable proctors for CUNA certification exams. Some designations offer a self-study program allowing students to pick a time and date for testing. For most programs, you can choose to take either a paper test of take the test online. Click here for proctored exam procedures.
- Annual convention
Your League is registered with the Hawaii State Board of Public Accountancy for continuing education credits. Continuing Professional Education Certificates are available upon request for League conferences, schools, seminar, and workshops.
Please contact us if you have any questions.